The AM2 Test is a 2.5 day assessment designed for individuals who wish to qualify as an electrician. The AM2 assessment is a mandatory unit of the NVQ 3 Diploma (City & Guilds 2357) completed by all apprentice electricians and is also a required unit of the JIB Mature Candidate Assessment scheme NVQ 3 (City & Guilds 2356-99).
|Course Dates||Exam Date(s)||Venue||Availability||Booking|
(various dates available to suit) Please call 01782 976555
Successful completion of the AM2 helps to demonstrate that candidates have reached a level of competence in the following key occupational areas:
- Risk assessments and health and safety
- Safe isolation
- The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams
- Planning and preparing to install, terminate and connect identified wiring systems
- Installing, terminating and connecting identified wiring systems
- Inspection, testing and certification
- Fault diagnosis and correction of electrical faults
- The understanding and application of industry recognised procedures, working practices and the requirements of statutory and non-statutory regulations.
During the main installation you will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test and commission:
- A three-phase distribution board and sub-circuit
- A three-phase Direct-on-Line Motor circuit
- Single phase lighting and power circuits
- A central heating/sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data-cabling system
The AM2 self assessment document in our resources area will help you to understand the skills that you will need and identify any refresher training that you may need.
Section A and A1 – Safe Isolation & Risk Assessment and the Composite Installation
Section B – Inspection and Testing
Section C – Safe Isolation (C1) and Fault Diagnosis and Correction (C2)
Section D – Assessment of Applied Knowledge (online test)
Kevin has years of industry experience having completed an electrical apprenticeship with a local council and subsequently worked in a variety of roles at a large housing association.
During his career Kevin has completed a wide range of electrical and H&S qualifications and has supported the development of electrical apprentices in recent years.
Kevin is an AM2 Instructor within our AM2 centre which opended in 2016.
Jon has worked in the electrical industry since leaving school and starting an electrical apprenticeship with Midlands Electricity Board (MEB). After qualifying and working as an electrician for a number of years he specialised in the security industry, installing systems including CCTV, door entry systems, intruder and fire alarms. After progressing to Project Engineer Jon took the opportunity of a complete change in career and moved into training.
Jon has worked in training since 2003 and is now responsible for Quality Assurance, Training Delivery and Course Management. Jon still plays an active role in delivery and specializes in:
- Domestic Electrical Installer Courses
- City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition
- City & Guilds 2394 / 2395 Inspection and Testing
- EAL Level 3 Inspection and Testing
- City & Guilds 2396 Design, Erection & Verification
Jon prides himself on going the extra mile to support his learners with his relaxed and friendly approach.
This course is associated with the following products:
AM2 Test FAQ
What do I need to bring with me on the day of my assessment?
Photo ID (either passport or driving licence)
A completed AM2 Self-Assessment check list.
(this is sent to you via [email protected])
Appropriate workwear and safety footwear is required.
You will not be able to take the AM2 Assessment if you arrive without any of the above