About this course…
Aimed at experienced electricians this course will give you an overview of the wide range of equipment and systems available for this type of specialised installation. The 2919-01 courses covers charging points in domestic dwellings, on-street locations, commercial and industrial premises.
You will be guided through the IET code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation through worked examples, job based scenarios and discussion.
Key learning outcomes for this course are:
Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
Advantages/disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
Preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
How to install electric vehicle equipment for domestic, commercial and industrial locations
Be able to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
IMPORTANT ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
- You will be required to terminate PVC/PVC and SWA cables to a commercially acceptable standard.
- On completion of the practical installation assessment you will be required to inspect and test your electrical installation. You will be required to record your inspection and testing in compliance with IET Guidance Notes 3.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is aimed at practising electricians interested in understanding how to install the range of equipment and systems available. It covers the specialised installation requirements of electric vehicle charging equipment in public, private and commercial locations and includes exclusive guidance on electrical requirements
- FREE hire of IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
- All City & Guilds fees – no hidden costs!
- Lunch and refreshments
- A unique an friendly learning environment!
Course entry requirements?
Delegates must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have relevant experience in the Electrotechnical sector. Delegates must have:
- A good working knowledge of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
- Experience of installing and terminating PVC/PVC and SWA cabling
- The knowledge and experience to be able to complete initial verification of the installation (inspection and testing).
After completing this course you may wish to consider:
- City & Guilds 2391 Level 3 Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2396-01 Level 4 Design and Verification